Slow Cooker Focaccia Recipe
You can bake bread in a slow cooker? Yes, you can! Here's a scrumptious focaccia bread.
What You Need
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups white flour
1 packet active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
1/2 teaspoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
What To Do
1. Mix yeast, sugar and warm water in a large bowl; let sit for 10 minutes, until foam forms on top of water.
2. Pour yeast mixture into flour and salt; mix just enough to form a dough ball.
3. Turn dough ball onto board dusted with flour; knead until fully mixed.
4. Using vegetable oil, oil the interior of your slow cooker halfway up the sides.
5. Put dough into slow cooker and stretch to fit across the bottom of crock. Place a clean towel over the top of the cooker, then place the cooker top over the towel, securing. Let the dough rise for one hour.
6. Drizzle olive oil, course salt and rosemary (or any other herbs you like) over top of risen dough.
7. Set slow cook to high heat and cook for 90 minutes to 2 hours. After 20 minutes of cook time, poke holes in the dough using a fork. Begin checking for doneness at one hour - focaccia is done when it feels springy in the center.
Return to Crockpot Side Dishes index
Home-Style Bread Pudding
Kahlua Bread Pudding