Slow Cooker Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
What You Need
5 pounds red potatoes, cut into chunks
1 tablespoon minced garlic
3 cubes chicken bouillon
1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter
Salt and pepper to taste
What To Do
1. Using a large pot, bring lightly salted water to a boil. Add potatoes, garlic and bouillon and cook until potatoes are tender but still retain some firmness (approximately 15 minutes).
2. Drain potatoes, but reserve water.
3. Transfer potatoes to a bowl and mash with sour cream and cream cheese. Use reserved water as needed to add moisture and achieve your preferred consistency.
4. Transfer mashed potatoes into slow cooker.
5. Cover; cook on low heat for 2-3 hours.
6. Just before serving, stir in butter. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Return to Crockpot Side Dishes index
Crockpot Baked Potatoes
Creamy Crockpot Potatoes
German Potato Salad
Cheese and Potato Casserole
Cheddar Potato Slices