This Beefy Green Beans recipe for the crockpot doesn't have any beef in it, but it does use beef bouillon (plus salt pork) to give the green beans a heartier base.
What You Need
1/4 pound salt pork
2 pounds fresh green beans
2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded
2 cups beef bouillon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon pepper
What To Do
1. Dice salt pork and add to bottom of crockpot.
2. Wash beans and break each into 2-3 pieces; add to crockpot over salt pork.
3. Cube tomatoes and add on top of green beans.
4. Add bouillon along with salt, sugar and pepper.
5. Cover; cook on high 3-4 hours or until beans are tender. Drain and serve.
Return to Crockpot Side Dishes index
Crockpot Baked Beans Recipes
Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Crockpot Sweet Potatoes
Low Fat Crockpot Recipes