Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe
Serve this Sweet and Sour Pork recipe over hot cooked rice.
What You Need
2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, cut into 1-inch strips
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 (20-oz.) can unsweetened pineapple chunks
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water
What To Do
1. Place paprika in a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
2. In a nonstick skillet, brown pork in oil over medium-high heat. Transfer browned pork to a 3-quartd slow cooker.
3. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; refrigerate pineapple.
4. Add pineapple juice, onion, green pepper, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and salt to crockpot and stir to mix.
5. Cover crockpot; cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
6. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pork mixture. Add pineapple.
7. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until sauce is thickened.
Return to Crockpot Meals index
Crockpot Pork Recipes
Crockpot Chicken Recipes
Crockpot Pot Roast Recipes
Crockpot Baked Beans Recipes
Crockpot Chili Recipes
Crockpot Side Dishes
Easy Crockpot Recipes