Slow Cooker Lamb Stew Recipe
What You Need
1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
1 onion, chopped
1/3 cup raisins
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1 1/2 pounds lamb stew meat, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
1 15-oz. can chickpeas
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
What To Do
1. Layer potatoes, onion, and raisins in a 4-quart slow cooker.
2. Separately, in a bowl, combine cumin, salt, and cayenne. Add lamb and toss to coat, then place lamb in crockpot on top of potatoes.
3. Add tomatoes (with juice).
4. Cover; cook on low 8-10 hours.
5. Stir in chickpeas during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Serve sprinkled with cilantro.
Return to Crockpot Stew Recipes index
Crockpot Soup Recipes
Crockpot Chili Recipes
Crockpot Chicken Recipes
Crockpot Pot Roast Recipes