Mexican Pork and Hominy Stew Recipe
This Mexican Pork and Hominy Stew recipe makes 4 servings.
What You Need
1 pound pork shoulder or pork butt, trimmed, cubed
1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion, peeled and chopped
1 bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried cumin
1/2 to1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
1 cup chicken broth
1 15-oz. can yellow or white hominy, undrained
1/2 teaspoon sugar
What To Do
1. Prepare inside of crockpot with non-stick spray.
2. Season pork with salt and pepper.
3. Heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook pork, stirring frequently, until it begins to brown (approximately 7 minutes).
4. Transfer browned pork to crockpot using slotted spoon.
5. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, oregano, cumin and pepper flakes to skillet and cook, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables begin to soften.
6. Add chicken broth to pan and bring to simmer for 1-2 minutes (scrape up any bits from bottom of pan).
7. Spoon vegetables and liquid into crockpot. Add remaining ingredients, cover, and cook on low 8-10 hours. Serve in bowls.
Return to Crockpot Stew Recipes index
Crockpot Soup Recipes
Crockpot Chili Recipes
Crockpot Chicken Recipes
Crockpot Pot Roast Recipes