Crockpot Sausage Stew Recipe
This Crockpot Sausage Stew recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
3 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 1/2 pounds Italian sausages
1 large clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 15-oz. can stewed tomatoes
2 cups chicken broth
1 6-oz. can tomato paste
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 medium green bell peppers, seeded, chopped
What To Do
1. Spray the inside of crockpot with non-stick cooking spray and add potatoes to bottom of pot.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage links and brown.
3. Slice links into 1-inch pieces and add to slow cooker on top of potatoes.
4. Add garlic and onion to crockpot.
5. In a separate bowl, combine tomatoes, chicken broth, tomato paste, oregano, salt, and pepper; stir to blend. Pour mixture over the sausages in crockpot.
6. Cover; cook on low 8-10 hours, until potatoes are tender.
7. Add bell pepper about 1 hour before serving.
Serving suggestion: Serve as in, or over rice.
Return to Crockpot Stew Recipes index
Crockpot Beef Stew Recipes
Crockpot Soup Recipes
Crockpot Chili Recipes
Crockpot Pot Roast Recipes
Crockpot Chicken Recipes