Crockpot Apple Chicken Stew Recipe
This Crockpot Apple Chicken Stew recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
4 medium potatoes, cubed
4 medium carrots, sliced quarter-inch thick
1 medium red onion, halved, sliced
1 celery rib, thinly sliced
3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
Pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 tablespoon olive oil
2-4 large tart apples, peeled, cubed
1 1/4 cups apple cider
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 bay leaf
What To Do
1. Layer potatoes, carrots, onion and celery in crockpot.
2. Combine thyme, pepper and caraway, then sprinkle half over vegetables in crockpot.
3. In a skillet, cook chicken in olive oil until browned. Drain, then transfer to crockpot.
4. Add apples over the top of other ingredients in crockpot.
5. Combine apple cider and vinegar and then pour over chicken and apples.
6. Finally, top ingredients with remaining thyme, pepper and caraway, plus bay leaf.
7. Cover crockpot; cook on high 4-5 hours, or until veggies are tender and chicken is fully cooked.
8. Remove bay leaf, stir and serve.
Return to Crockpot Stew Recipes index
Crockpot Soup Recipes
Crockpot Chili Recipes
Crockpot Pot Roast Recipes
Crockpot Chicken Recipes