Chunky Vegetable Clam Chowder Recipe
This Chunky Vegetable Clam Chowder recipe makes 6-8 servings.
What You Need
2 (6 1/2 oz.) cans minced clams
2 cups peeled potatoes, cut into half-inch cubes
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 (10 3/4 oz.) cans condensed cream of potato soup
2 cups water
1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1/3 cup flour
1 cup cold water
4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, crumbled
What To Do
1. Drain clams, reserving liquid. Cover clams; chill.
2. In crockpot, combine reserved clam liquid, potatoes, onion, celery, carrot, sugar, salt, and pepper.
3. Stir in potato soup and 2 cups water.
4. Cover; cook on low heat for 8 to 10 hours or on high heat for 4 to 5 hours.
5. In a medium bowl combine nonfat dry milk powder and flour. Gradually whisk in 1 cup cold water; stir into soup at end of first cooking time.
6. Cover; set heat to high and cook another 10-15 minutes or until thickened.
7. Stir in clams. Cover; cook 5 minutes more.
8. Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle each serving with crumbled bacon and paprika.
Return to Crockpot Stew Recipes index
Crockpot Beef Stew Recipes
Crockpot Soup Recipes
Crockpot Chili Recipes
Crockpot Pot Roast Recipes
Crockpot Chicken Recipes