Slow Cooker Mexican Beef Stew Recipe
This Mexican Beef Stew recipes makes 8 servings. Serve over rice or noodles if desired. But if you serve it by itself (rather than over something), it qualifies for our Low-Fat section - each serving is 210 calories and 6 grams of fat.
What You Need
1 cup carrots, cubed
2 cups potatoes, peeled, cubed
1 cup onion, quartered
1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cubed
1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
1 package dry taco seasoning mix
2 cups water, divided
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon pepper
What To Do
1. Layer first four ingredients in bottom of your slow cooker.
2. Add tomato sauce.
3. Separately, combine taco seasoning with 1.5 cups water.
4. Stir cornstarch into remaining 1/2 cup of water until smooth, then stir this mixture into the taco seasoning/water mixture. Pour resulting mix over ingredients in slow cooker.
5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Cover; cook on low heat 7-8 hours or high heat 3-4 hours.
Return to Crockpot Beef Stew Recipes index
Mexican Beef and Bean Stew
Mexican Pork and Hominy Stew
Mexican-Style Chicken Stew
Southwestern Beef Stew