Crockpot Beef Stew Recipe
What You Need
1 pound beef bourguignon, cut bite-sized
3 large sweet potatoes, sliced 1-inch thick
2 cans beef bouillon
2 small cans tomato paste
3-4 handfulls of assorted veggies
1 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
1 large onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup flour
What To Do
1. Mix bite-sized pieces of meat in flour and brown in some oil along with the garlic.
2. While meat is browning, combine beef bouillon and tomato paste in a crockpot and mix well.
3. Pre-cook the sweet potatoes until just tender, then add to crockpot along with onions and any raw veggies (other than mushrooms) that you are using.
4. Add beef and garlic on top of veggies. Add enough water to cover and cook on low for about 5 hours.
5. Add mushrooms (and frozen vegetables, if using frozen instead of fresh) in the last hour of cooking.
6. At end of 5 hours, mix a little flour and water to form a paste and add to crockpot to thicken soup. Cook another 15 minutes uncovered.
Return to Crockpot Beef Stew Recipes index
Crockpot Stew Recipes
Crockpot Soup Recipes
Crockpot Chili Recipes
Crockpot Pot Roast Recipes
Crockpot Chicken Recipes