This Lentil Soup recipe makes 8-10 servings. And it really is an "all-day" crockpot recipe - you can cook this up to 24 hours on low. Try preparing this recipe at bed time, then serving for dinner the following day.
What You Need
2 cups lentils
1/4 cup corn oil
2 medium onions, finely diced
2 stalks celery
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 quarts low-sodium chicken broth
4 carrots, peeled, diced
What To Do
1. Sort and pick through lentils, then wash thoroughly in several changes of water. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil. Add onion, celery and garlic and saute until translucent.
3. Transfer items in Step 2 to crockpot and add chicken stock, carrots, and lentils.
4. Cover; cook on low 18-24 hours.
5. Taste at end of cooking time and add pepper to taste, plus salt if needed.
Return to Crockpot Soup Recipes index
Crockpot Chili Recipes
Crockpot Pot Roast Recipes
Crockpot Chicken Recipes
Crockpot Side Dishes