This French Onion Soup recipe makes four servings.
What You Need
2 (15-oz.) cans beef broth (not condensed)
3 tablespoons butter
2 yellow onions
1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/4 cup cooking sherry
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-2 splashes Worcestershire sauce
4 slices French bread
4 slices Gruyere or Swiss cheese
What To Do
1. Melt butter in skillet over medium head; add onions and saute until slightly tender.
2. Transfer onions to crockpot; add beef broth, sugar, salt and sherry.
3. Cook 6-8 hours on high or 10-12 hours on low.
4. When ready to serve, preheat oven to low broil. Toast bread slices on both sides. Top bread with cheese slices and place back in oven only long enough to melt cheese.
5. Ladle soup into serving bowls and top each bowl with cheesy bread.
Return to Crockpot Soup Recipes index
Vegetable Beef Soup
Broccoli and Cheese Soup
Autumn Vegetable Minestrone
Crockpot Stew Recipes
Crockpot Chili Recipes