Down Home Pot Roast Recipe
This Down Home Pot Roast recipe for the crockpot makes 6 servings.
What You Need
One beef roast, 3-5 pounds
4 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
6 large carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
1 large onion, peeled and quartered
5 cloves of garlic, minced
3/4 cup beef broth or red wine
1 tablespoon dried parsley
Pinch of dried thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
What To Do
1. Trim the roast and lightly season with salt and pepper.
2. Place potatoes, carrots and onion in crockpot and stir in garlic, then place roast on top of veggies.
3. Separately, stir together beef broth (or red wine), parsley, thyme, salt and pepper, then pour mixture over and around roast in crockpot.
4. Cover; cook on low 8-9 hours or until roast is tender.
5. After removing meat to cut, you can, if you desire, thicken the liquid with cornstarch, then use as a gravy.
Return to Crockpot Pot Roast Recipes index
Crockpot Chicken Recipes
Crockpot Side Dishes
Easy Crockpot Recipes