Crockpot Root Beer Pulled Pork Recipe
Serve this pulled pork on your favorite bread for great sandwiches.
What You Need
1 (2- to 3-pound) pork roast
2 tablespoons Grill Mate Pork Rub
1 small onion, cubed
2 teaspoons liquid smoke, divided
2 cups root beer, divided
2 tablespoons Kara syrup
1 (18-oz.) bottle Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce
What To Do
1. Prepare pork roast by rinsing, then pat dry. Rub in Pork Rub, covering the roast.
2. Sear the roast on all sides in a skillet preheated over medium heat. After searing, place roast into crockpot.
3. Add onion, one teaspoon of liquid smoke and one cup of root beer to crockpot.
4. Cover crockpot and cook on low heat 5-6 hours. Remove roast from crockpot and discard the onions and liquid.
5. Allow roast to cool, then shred using two forks.
6. Returd shredded pork to crockpot and add remaining root beer and liquid smoke, plus Kara syrup and barbecue sauce. Stir.
7. Cover crockpot and cook on low heat for 1 hour.
Return to Crockpot Pork Recipes index
Crockpot Cola Ham
Sweet and Sour Pork
Crockpot Ham Recipes
Crockpot Chicken Recipes