Crockpot Clam Chowder Recipe
What You Need
4 (6 1/2 oz.) cans clams
1/2 pound salt pork or bacon, diced
1 large onion, chopped
6 to 8 large potatoes, pared, cubed
3 cups water
3 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 cups half and half
3 to 4 tablespoons cornstarch
What To Do
1. Cut clams into bite-sized pieces if necessary.
2. In skillet, saute salt pork or bacon and onion until golden brown; drain. Put into crockpot with clams.
3. Add remaining ingredients, except half and half and cornstarch.
4. Cover; cook on high 3 to 4 hours or until potatoes are tender.
5. During the last hour of cooking, combine 1 cup of half and half with the cornstarch. Add that and the remaining half and half and stir well; heat through.
6. Serve in large bowls with crusty French bread.
Return to Crockpot Meals index
Crockpot Stew Recipes
Crockpot Soup Recipes
Crockpot Pot Roast Recipes
Crockpot Chicken Recipes
Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Crockpot Sweet Potatoes