Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
What You Need
1 5-pound chicken, cut into pieces
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup flour
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup julienned carrot
1 cup julienned green pepper
2 tablespoons minced garlic
8 cups chopped, peeled tomatoes
1/2 cup tomato paste
3/4 cup red or Marsala wine
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
Freshly grated Romano cheese
What To Do
1. Wash and drain chicken pieces.
2. Heat oil in a deep skillet. Roll and coat each chicken piece in flour and brown each piece on all sides to a golden brown. Transfer the chicken to paper towels to drain.
3. Saute the onion, mushrooms, carrots, green peppers, and garlic in the same skillet for 10 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes and saute for another 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste, wine, herbs, salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat for another 5 minutes.
5. Add all the chicken pieces and mix well.
6. Transfer everything into a large crockpot. Cover; cook on low 4-5 hours.
Return to Crockpot Chicken Recipes index
Crockpot Soup Recipes
Crockpot Stew Recipes
Crockpot Baked Beans Recipes
Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Crockpot Sweet Potatoes Recipes