This Chicken Taco Bake recipe starts in the slow cooker and finishes in the oven. It was submitted by Jenny, who says "I just kinda made this up one day - my teenagers tore it up!"
What You Need
4 frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (14-oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 bag tortilla chips
1 can black beans
1 can Campbell cheese soup
8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
8 ounces sour cream
What To Do
1. Place first four ingredients into slow cooker (leave chicken frozen). Stir a little bit.
2. Cover and cook on low while you go to work - 9 hours or so.
3. Stir chicken mixture with a fork (chicken will shred).
4. Heat oven to 350F.
5. Cover the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with crumbled tortilla chips.
6. Layer half the chicken mixture over the top, then half of drained black beans, then half of undiluted cheese soup (spreading soup). Repeat layers.
7. Finish with one more layer of crushed chips and sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese over top.
8. Bake 15-20 minutes, until cheese is melted.
9. Serve with shredded lettuce and sour cream.
Return to Crockpot Chicken Recipes index
Crockpot Chicken ala King
Crockpot Carrot Chicken
Low-Fat Chicken and Veggie Bake
Crockpot Chicken Casserole
Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Crockpot Ham Recipes