Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
"Real" chicken cordon bleu is chicken breast stuffed with ham and Swiss cheese. In this crockpot version, the ham and cheese go on top of the chicken, rather than inside it. But it's just as tasty.
What You Need
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
4 ounces of sliced ham
4 ounces of sliced Swiss cheese
1 (8-ounce) package of dry bread stuffing mix
1/4 cup butter, melted
What To Do
1. In a bowl, mix soup and milk.
2. Pour the soup/milk mix into your crockpot, just enough to cover the bottom.
3. Arrange the chicken breasts in the crockpot. Cover each breast with a slice of ham and a slice of cheese.
4. Pour remaining soup mix over top.
5. Cover chicken/ham/cheese with stuffing mix, and drizzle with butter.
6. Cover; cook on low heat 4-6 hours or high heat 2-3 hours.
Return to Crockpot Chicken Recipes index
Crockpot Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
Orange Burgundy Chicken Recipe
Crockpot Bourbon Breast of Chicken Recipe
Bloody Mary Chicken Recipe