This Apples and Port recipe makes 4 servings. It can be used for an unusual side dish, but is best served as a low-fat dessert. Top with fat-free whipped topping.
This Apples and Port recipe contains 225 calories and just a trace of fat per serving.
What You Need
4 whole cooking apples
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2/3 cup port wine
What To Do
1. Core apples and cut a score around the sides about a third of the way down from the top.
2. Fill with raisins and top with brown sugar, pressing the sugar lightly toward the center of the apple.
3. Place apples in the bottom of crockpot. Pour the port over the apples, making sure that some of the port wine goes into each apple center.
4. Cover. Cook on low 3-4 hours, or until apples are soft.
5. Save any port sauce from bottom of crockpot and pour over apples before serving.
Return to Low Fat Crockpot Recipes index
Easy Crockpot Recipes