Upside Down German Chocolate Cake Recipe
This Upside Down German Chocolate Cake recipe makes 12 servings.
What You Need
1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
2 tablespoons margarine
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup 2-percent buttermilk
1/2 cup (4-oz.) fat-free sour cream
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 box (18.5-oz.) German chocolate cake mix
1/3 cup chopped pecans
What To Do
1. Coat skillet with nonstick cooking spray and lightly brown coconut, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
2. Coat the interior of your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray, and preheat on high.
3. Melt margarine and 1/2 cup water in small saucepan over low heat. Stir in brown sugar until smooth. Pour evenly into crockpot.
4. Sprinkle half of the reserved coconut over melted sugar mixture.
5. In a large bowl, beat eggs on high with mixer until just frothy. Beat in buttermilk, sour cream, and applesauce.
6. Add cake mix and beat on low for 30 seconds, until just moistened. Beat another 2 minutes on high. Pour evenly into crockpot, over coconut.
7. Cover crockpot and cook on low for 4 1/2 to 5 hours, or until cake is set (a toothpick inserted in center should come out almost clean). Remove lid and cook on low for another 1/2 hour. Turn cooker off.
8. Let cake cool in crockpot for 30 minutes, then remove to a wire rack and top with remaining coconut and pecans. Let cool completely before serving.
Return to Crockpot Dessert Recipes index
Apple Brown Betty
Apple Coconut Crisp
Apples and Port
Crockpot Sweet Potatoes Recipes
Crockpot Side Dishes