What You Need
1 (21.5-oz.) package brownie mix
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup oil
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts or pecans
20 individual caramels, unwrapped
Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
What To Do
1. Put a shallow wire rack or a trivet into the bottom of a 5-quart slow cooker. Pour in 4 cups of very hot water and set crockpot to high heat.
2. In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, water, oil and egg. Beat well.
3. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
4. Butter the sides and dust with sugar a 2-quart souffle dish (hint: be sure to pick one that fits in your crockpot!).
5. Pour batter into the souffle dish and push caramels halfway into the batter (so that half the caramel remains above the surface of the batter).
6. Wrap dish in double aluminum foil. Use butcher's string to tie off around the dish, making a "handle" so that you can lower and raise the dish out of the crockpot.
7. Lower the dish into the crockpot. Cover; cook on high for 4 1/2 hours.
8. Raise dish out of crockpot and let sit 30 minutes before serving.
9. Top individual portions with whipped cream or ice cream.
Return to Crockpot Dessert Recipes index
Crockpot Sweet Potatoes Recipes
Crockpot Side Dishes
Low Fat Crockpot Recipes