What You Need
3 firm Bartlett pears, peeled, cored, thickly sliced
2 large tart cooking apples, peeled, cored, sliced
1 1/2 cups frozen cranberries
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup flour
1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
What To Do
1. Coat slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. Place fruit into cooker and sprinkle with cinnamon, sugar and cornstarch. Toss to coat fruit. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
3. While fruit is cooking, make the topping in a bowl. Combine flour, rolled oats, brown sugar and cinnamon.
4. Cut in butter.
5. When fruit cooking time is up, spread topping evenly over the fruit, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges to prevent burning.
6. Cover, set crockpot to low and cook until fruit is tender (2.5 to 3.5 hours). Uncover and let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Serving suggestion: Top with ice cream or whipped cream.
Return to Crockpot Dessert Recipes index
Crockpot Sweet Potatoes Recipes
Crockpot Side Dishes
Low Fat Crockpot Recipes