Crockpot Baked Custard Recipe
This Crockpot Baked Custard recipes makes 5-6 servings.
What You Need
2 cups milk, scalded
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
Nutmeg or coconut
What To Do
1. Scald milk, then allow to cool slightly.
2. Combine eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt, then slowly stir in slightly cooled milk.
3. Pour into buttered, 1-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with nutmeg or coconut and cover dish with foil.
4. Set baking dish on a trivet or meat rack inside crockpot and pour hot water around baking dish to a depth of one inch.
5. Cover crockpot; cook on high 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until knife inserted in custard comes out clean. Serve warm or chilled.
Return to Crockpot Dessert Recipes index
Crockpot Sweet Potatoes Recipes
Crockpot Side Dishes
Low Fat Crockpot Recipes