Cinnamon Apple Bread Pudding
This Cinnamon-Apple Bread Pudding recipe cooks in a casserole or souffle dish placed inside a crockpot. So when choosing the dish, make sure it fits inside your slow cooker!
What You Need
2 tablespoons butter
2 apples, cored peeled, and chopped
3/4 cup brown sugar, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
2 large eggs
12 oz can evaporated milk
3/4 cup apple juice
2 1/2 cups French bread, torn into half-inch to 1-inch pieces
What To Do
1. Melt butter in bottom of a 1 1/2 to 2-quart casserole or souffle dish.
2. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Add apples.
3. Whisk eggs, milk, and apple juice together; mix in remainder of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and the bread pieces.
4. Place a trivet bottom of crockpot. Pour 3/4 cup hot water into crockpot.
5. Place the casserole or souffle dish on trivet. Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours, until knife inserted comes out clean. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.
Return to Crockpot Dessert Recipes index
Crockpot Sweet Potatoes Recipes
Crockpot Side Dishes
Low Fat Crockpot Recipes