Apple Pudding Cake Recipe
This Apple Pudding Cake recipe is for the crockpot. The cake cooks inside a tin can that is placed inside the crockpot. Use a 2-pound tin can (as in, a 2-pound size coffee tin) and, of course, wash out the tin very well before using it.
What You Need
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups unpeeled apple, finely chopped
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
What To Do
1. In a medium bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
2. Add apple plus dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Spray a 2-pound tin can with cooking spray. Pour batter into can, filling no more than 2/3 full.
4. Place can in crockpot (do not add water to crock).
5. Cover, but leave lid ajar. Cook on high 3.5 to 4 hours (be sure not to lift lid in first three hours).
6. Cake is done with top is set. Let stand in can a few minutes before tipping cake out on a plate. Serve half-rounds plain or with whipped topping.
Return to Crockpot Dessert Recipes index
Crockpot Sweet Potatoes Recipes
Crockpot Side Dishes
Low Fat Crockpot Recipes