This Apple Crisp recipe makes 2 large servings or 4 regular servings; serve topped with vanilla ice cream if desired.
What You Need
2 apples, peeled, cored, chopped
5 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Pinch of ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small cubes
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
What To Do
1. Using 3.5-quart slow cooker, spray interior with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Place apples into cooker.
3. In small bowl, stir together 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar, cornstarch, ground ginger and 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Sprinkle over apples.
4. Drizzle lemon juice over apples and stir to coat.
5. In a small bowl, stir together flour, remaining granulated sugar, brown sugar, remaining ground cinnamon and nutmeg.
6. Work butter into flour mixture using forks or fingers until mixture is crumbly.
7. Sprinkle this topping over apples, then sprinkle nuts over top of all.
8. Cover; cook on high for 2 hours or until apples are tender.
9. Remove cover but continue cooking for up to 30 more minutes, allowing topping to crisp.
Return to Crockpot Dessert Recipes index
Apple Coconut Crisp
Crockpot Apple Pie
Apple Brown Betty